"Semamori" Japanese customs, daily events.”背守り"
Semamori is an old Japanese custom (from the era when people wore kimonos). It refers to embroidery and decorative stitching (a mother's love for her child) applied to the back of a baby's first or celebratory garment, as a wish for the child's healthy growth and protection from evil spirits. Since ancient times in Japan, the back has been considered a vulnerable place where spirits reside, and mothers would sew each stitch with hope to protect their children from evil spirits and illnesses creeping up from behind.
A thread charm.Embroidery for protection against evils.
Daily Events
I bought 2 kg of pork fat and made my own oil, about once a month.
Apparently, fats that don't oxidize easily are butter, lard, beef tallow, and coconut oil.
In other words, commercially available vegetable oils are already oxidized.
The numbness in my fingers is gone, but I still do acupuncture treatment on myself every day.
I'm happy because the movement of my fingers during practice has become easier.
背守り
背守りは古い日本(着物を着ていた時代)の習慣です。
子どもの健やかな成長と魔除けを願い、産着や祝い着の背中に施される刺繍や
飾り縫い(子供を想う母の愛)のことです。古来より日本では、
背中は霊魂が宿る無防備な場所とされ、背後から忍び寄る魔物や病から
子どもを守るために母親が一針一針願いを込めて縫い付けていました。
糸のおまじない。魔除けの刺繍。
日々の出来事
豚油を2kg買って油を作ってん、だいたい一月に一回、
酸化しにくい脂はバター、ラード、牛脂、ココナッツオイルらしい、
ゆうてみたら売られてる植物オイルは既に酸化済みってことや、
指の痺れは無くなったけど毎日鍼灸治療してる。
練習中の指の動きが楽になったから嬉しい。


Comments
Post a Comment