The story of Japanese Sashiko&happening、日本の刺し子の話と事件




Sashiko, a Japanese needlework technique, involves stitching or quilting together pieces of fabric.This is a traditional Japanese craft that has existed for a long time.It is said to have originated as a way to reinforce and insulate clothing, as well as to decorate garments with layers of fabric, imbuing them with people's wishes and prayers for a bountifulharvest, protection from evil, and business prosperity.

The history of sashiko dates back about 500 years to the mid-Edo period, when cotton began to become widespread in Japan. In particular, cold regions such as Tohoku were unsuitable for cotton cultivation, and cotton products were treated as valuable commodities. To ensure that these precious cotton products were used to their fullest potential, the sashiko technique, born from people's wisdom, developed and has been passed down through generations.



Daily Exchanges
On Sunday, I picked up a ragged traveler sitting near my house.He was gloomy. I listened to his story. A 36-year-old Finnish man. He said his passport, wallet, and cards had been stolen after he smoked marijuana.  Oh, what bad luck.
But I was worried, yet I offered him a place to stay for two nights.He left today, saying he was going to the embassy. Good luck! 
I couldn't bring myself to say "Hang in there!" to his slumped back.


日本の「刺し子」とは、布を合わせて綴り縫い、または刺し縫いをする針仕事のこと。これは日本に古くからある伝統手芸です。衣服の補強や保温に加えて豊作・魔よけ・商売繁盛といった人々の願いや祈りを込めた装飾のために、重ねた布を手で刺し縫いしたのが始まりと言われています。 

刺し子の歴史は、日本で綿が普及しはじめた、今から500年ほど前、江戸時代中期にさかのぼります。 とくに、東北地方などの寒い地域は、綿の栽培に適さず、綿製品が貴重品としてあつかわれました。そんな貴重な綿製品を最後まで大切に使うため、「刺し子」という人々の知恵から生まれた技法が発達し、  受け継がれてきました。


日々交々
日曜日に家の近所に座り込んでたボロボロの旅人を拾た。彼は暗かったゎ、
それもそのはずフィンランド人の36歳男はマリファナ吸った後にパスポート、財布、カードを盗まれてんて、 うわぁ〜 インケツや!

と、思たものの2晩の宿を提供した。今日、大使館へ行くと言って出てった。
グッド ラック!バイバイ(力無い背中に頑張りや!とは言えんかった)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm starting anew. 

The work 1

Time flies 光陰矢の如し